Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I need to be a member of ALA to join Student ALA? No, however, it is recommended that students participate in both programs in order to get the most out of their GSLIS experience. Furthermore, click here to find out how you can get reimbursed for your first year of ALA/RILA memberships (opens in new window).
- Does Student ALA cost money to join? There is $10 one-time membership fee. This is good for as long as you are a GSLIS student!
- What makes Student ALA different from regular ALA? Student ALA is a student-run program designed specifically with GSLIS students in mind. We aim to help GSLIS students achieve their goals and maintain connections because we are GSLIS students, ourselves. In addition to providing general information for students in the program, we host events, highlight job opportunities, and provide support for all types of library programs.
- What is RILA? RILA stands for the Rhode Island Library Association. RILA keeps Rhode Island librarians and students up to date and informed of current local library information. Their web page can be accessed here (opens in new window).
- How do I join Student ALA? To become a member simply fill out the Membership Form or contact us at email@example.com